Friday, July 6, 2007

Bridesmaid Dresses, part IX

A few days ago I went into David's bridal to get my dress hemmed & bustled. After I was done with that, I thought I'd take a quick look at the dress that we'd selected. I found one in my size and went and tried it on... and found it to be an absolute horror. The fabric was a lot clingier and sheerer than I expected, so every tummy bulge was instantly highlighted. The top was waaayyy too roomy for my average-sized bossom while the skirt sucked tight against my hips and thighs. Don't worry though, dear bridesmaids, I won't subject you to such a monstrous dress - I'm not that cruel.

So this coming Monday at 3:30 Charlotte, me, and hopefully Janet are going to meet at David's Bridal in Burlington and actually try on some of their selection and hopefully we will discover another, better, more flattering style. (If not, we'll go over to the mall and see what we can find there, since my coupon already expired at Davids.) I think looking at pictures is just inherently too limited to really make a descision, so it's time for the hands-on approach. Wish us luck!

No comments: