Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Ceremony Outlined

Marty came over this weekend, and the three of us sat down and outlined how we want the ceremony to go. It's pretty basic; short, simple, and secular:
1. Marty & Cary go and stand in the Pergola, in front of the audience at about 2:00. Marty says something to let everyone know it's time to sit down 'cuz we're going to start.

2. Bridesmaids & Groomsdudes procession up the aisle and join Marty & Cary at the pergola.

3. Flower girls go up the aisle, doing their thing.

4. I walk up the aisle with my Dad. (He then sits down in the front row, with the other parents.)

5. Marty talks a little bit. (Wuv... Twoo wuv...)

6. We say our vows. We haven't decided yet if Marty phrases them as a question, so we can just answer "I do", or if he says them and we repeat them back, or if we memorize them and say them without prompting.

7. Rings.

8. Smooching.

9. Marty says something nice to close the ceremony.

10. Recessional into receiving line - we take up position between the audience and the food, so the reception line doubles as the buffet line. This should help motivate everyone to keep the line moving.
Obviously, we'll need to refine some of the details, but this is a good start, I think. One question that I'm interested in hearing from you guys on is what music should we have for the processional and recessional? I think we should save the rockin' blues band for the reception. So, we can either have another musician play(maybe Cary's cousin Ashley would play his Viola?) or we can have a recording. Probably something classical, instrumental. Suggestions for songs, other ideas?

6 comments:

Gabe said...

I might be able to summon up aXeWouND...

Addie said...

Well, that would make for a very interesting and unique processional. I'm not sure it's exactly what we're looking for tho...

:)

Aimee said...

i think we should have sanjaya malakar come and sing "besame mucho." :)

actually, i'm sure that at least one of your musician friends would be willing to play a little classical guitar while you're walking the mile of death. oh, i mean down the aisle.

emily's daycare lady is a wedding cake-maker (she's making patricia's cake) and is cutting deals right now because she's trying to get her business off the ground. you could call emily (223.3397) and ask her about it. i can make cupcakes but i don't know if i could do it as fancy as they should be.

kiss kiss. bang bang.

Keeley said...

I can help if you want to do homemade. I made 60 cupcakes and the brides cake for my friend's wedding last Saturday. It was rather stressful to do alone, but I'm more than happy to help one or two others make them. As Aimee said, I don't know how fancy we can make them, but they'll be baked and smothered with love!

Addie said...

WOW you guys! Thanks for the generous offers of cupcake baking. I might just take you up on them...

I've made appointments with the Co-op and Haggens and I'm supposed to hear back from the Mt. Bakery tomorrow or the next day. Once I've tasted all their cakes (mmmMMMmmm), looked at their designs and compared their prices I just might decide that we could do the same or better with an all-day cupcake baking party.

Even if we out-source the cupcake baking, we're going to have a bunch of kitchen prep work to do... from marinating the salmon to making a whole lot of hamburger patties, there will be lots of tedious slave labor - er, I mean, importatnt jobs to do - for everyone. I promise! :)

Aimee said...

i have a really great chocolate cake recipe! it's smooth and silky and oh-so-delicious.

did i mention that i love to bake and am quite good with frosting as well...?