Monday, June 11, 2007

Postage, continued

So... I still haven't mailed out the invitations. The post office came out with a new .41 stamp that Cary really REALLY liked (Star Wars) which, after a little hesitation, I decided would be OK (I wasn't super excited about having the emperor's ugly mug on our invitations, but I figured I'd save those for bills). BUT, when I went to get the stamps I found out that the invitations weigh slightly over 1 ounce (1.3 actually) so I have to put .58 on them. And there still aren't any .58 stamps available, they are supposed to be released the end of the month. So, I can either wait for those, take the whole lot of them down to the PO and have the postage printed with the machine (blah), or using two stamps, put .64 postage on each one. Sigh.

6 comments:

Janet said...

I think running them through the machine would be fine.....
Ironically, I just got invited to another friend's wedding taking place on September 15 in Plain. Think your parents would let me camp out?

Addie said...

I bet they would, I'll ask them. Who/where is it in Plain?

Janet said...

Mountain Springs Lodge, do you know what that is?

Addie said...

Yes, I do. I thought it was probably over there - they do a ton of weddings. It's a really nice place, about 5 miles from Mom & Dad's on the east side of the valley.

Ericson said...

Dean and Desta got married at Mt. Springs. It's pretty snazzy allthough they can keep their noisy stinky snow mobiles. All the kids got sick from the fumes and were puking in the bushes halfway through the fun family outing.

Addie said...

Nasty! Luckily in September I think it will be snomobile-free. :)