Monday, May 14, 2007

Dress-trying-on rescheduled

New appointment is for 6pm on Thursday the 17th. Yes, that is 3 days from now. Egads.

Also - my moms family's heirloom wedding dress which had been lost for the last 30 years (literally!) has been found. It was in my Auntie Pam's closet the whole time - and for some reason no-one ever asked her about it OR even mentioned the fact that it was missing in her pressence for all this time. My Grandma and her sister even had a fight about it years ago (because neither of them would take the blame for losing it). My mom mentioned it being lost to Pam last night and the whole thing came to light. So, that is now a possibility.

I don't know the exact history of the dress, but my mom wore it and my aunt wore it and a bunch of other maternal relatives also wore it. It was made by one of them (it's not clear in my mind who, exactly, although I know I've been told before) way back in the day for her sister who then eloped and did NOT wear it, but then after that pretty much all of them DID wear it. Mom or Pam, one of you guys should put the full account in the comments so I won't forget the story.

And on yet another topic, I had a facial from my Auntie Dale at the Aveda Salon (Sandalwood) on Saturday and, let me tell you, a facial is about the nicest, most relaxing and wonderful thing EVER. My skin (face, hands & feet) feels sooooooo soft and wonderful. Which would be enough, but I also look really nice so that makes it even better. :) All you bridesmaids, I think I might have to treat you guys. Trust me, it doesn't last as long as a pair of earings or a bracelet, but I think once you've had one you'll agree that it's about the best possible bridesmaid pressent.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Hokay....if you insist.