Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Dresses I Like

David's Bridal resisted my best efforts to steal the full-sized images of these dresses, so you'll have to click through the links to see the full dress.

This one has the prettiest embroidery that I have seen. I like the way it spirals down the side of the skirt. The train I don't need though.

This one below is nice and simple, unstructured & basic but still elegant. Make sure and look at the back - I really like the cris-cross straps. I'm afraid I would either look totally flat or else super wide in the hips. Or both.

Next we have this one with a split front skirt. It has a little bit of sparkly beading at the waist, but otherwise is nice and simple. Aparently they can stick sleeves on most of the strapless dresses. You can view the sleeve types by clicking the link on the dress page. I like the 3/4 sleeves.
This next one has what I've been calling the "rumpled bedspread" type skirt. It seems to be very very popular this wedding season. I must have been looking at dresses too long, because it is starting to really appeal to me. Usually they also feature some over-the-top beading & embroidery & general foofiness, but this one is nice and simple on top. I'd probably add sleeves.
Up next, this one has a nice informal feel to it, the halter top makes for a refreshing change. It has a really nice ribbon detail at the hem. Again though, I'm afraid I would look flat and hip-y in a dress of this shape.
And for last, this one is the one I like the best* right this minute. It has a nice simplicity, and a cool ribbon trim similar to the last one. The shape of the dress seems like it would be figure-friendly, especially if I added sleeves.
Ok, so... whatcha think?

*opinions expressed on this matter carry no warranty and are extremely perishable.

4 comments:

Ericson said...

I like the top one if you decide on a little more formal look and the second one the best. Atleast with my dress I tried on about 4 (close to my limit) but knew immediatly which one I would buy the second I tried it on.

Addie said...

I'm hoping I will just know too... without having to go through too many different options. I'm sure after a little while they all start looking like white and foofy disasters.

Aimee said...

According to "fashion experts," a dress that has a low, plunging neckline is better suited for those who are not so well-endowed in the upper half of the torso, as it adds an illusion that breasts are bigger. Of course, there's also the tape trick, where you pull body tape (or duct tape) from the lateral side of one breast to the lateral side of the other, pulling the twins together, creating cleavage.
I like the low-cut ones, particularly the halter top. I think that look is fresh and elegant.

Aimee's $0.02

Addie said...

Yeah, I've heard that fashion advice before too, but in my actual real-life experience, a neckline that plunges TOO deeply just reveals that I have several inches of nothing but ribs separating my boobs. It takes a lot of tape (and enough dress to cover the tape) to actually give me cleavage. That #2 dress in particular looks like it wouldn't allow for many tricks of that nature. The halter top might work ok though... thanks for the input!