Thursday, August 9, 2007

Barkeeping, Grilling & Photography

1. Emily Escadero has taken the job of bartender for us! I'm so thrilled, I know Emily will do a great job. Not only will she be the evening's goddess of libations, but she's also going to help me figure out what we need to get to stock the bar, including looking into getting some items wholesale, and she's going to come out the day of the wedding and set everything up and make sure we have everything we need to keep the party rolling. I'm so stoked.

2. Iris & Solly have generously agreed to let us borrow their huge wedding grill, which will make cooking all that salmon a whole lot quicker. Solly built the grill with his welding skilz for their wedding last summer. I actually thought that the grill came with the picnic shelter, like it was a permanent part of the park, it's that big. I just happened to find out that I was wrong from Tricia, because she & Pat are getting married next weekend and they are also borrowing the grill from Solly & Iris. (Their wedding is going to be such a great party, I'm really looking forward to it!)

3. My uncle Fred has agreed to be our photographer, which is an overwhelmingly great gift. Fred's a real rennaisance guy, he's been a carpenter, a massage therapist, and a professional photographer, and he's planning to leave it all behind and move to Mexico to run a guest house in about a year. He has a great eye and takes wonderful pictures. I'm really pleased and excited to have him shoot my wedding.

Everything just keeps coming together! Like it was meant to be. Awwwww...

2 comments:

Aimee said...

btw, james said as long as they're done at different times he won't have a problem grilling and playing music.

i was kinda thinking it would be cute to have him be a naked grilling one-man mariachi band. what do you think?

furry mexican anyone?

Addie said...

Heh, yeah, I think those activities will be at different times. We need to make sure the grill is started before the ceremony so that the coals will be ready when the people are... So he could start the grills, go play the music, and then come back after the cermony and cook. The nakedness comes later, after dark. :)