Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Cupcake Tree

The cupcake tree was just delivered! Assembly & decoration is required, of course. The manufacturer has some cute decoration ideas on their website - I think flowers and leaves are probably the way to go for us. The cupcake tree is made entirely of cardboard but it seems good & thick, I think it will work well for at least one use. It sure beats the price of the plastic & metal versions that are designed to be re-used over and over, for instance by a caterer. The the metal or plastic ones available for general home use only hold 4 dozen or so cupcakes - great for most parties, but not big enough for a wedding.

Update: OMFG. I swear I did not know about this when I decided on cupcakes and a cupcake tree. Really. I haven't bought/read ANY of those wedding magazines that seem to be all over the grocery store checkouts... I'll have to put a disclamer in the program: "This wedding is an original hodgepodge of elements borrowed from other people's real-life weddings, liberally sprinkled with crazy ideas of my own. Any similarities between it and any wedding magazine, living or dead, is purely coincidental."

2 comments:

Aimee said...

sure, i know you subscribe to "martha stewart living" and hired her as your wedding planner.

gawd, you're so fucking main-stream.

gross.

;)

Addie said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..............