Wednesday, August 8, 2007

One Month To Go

Yep, the wedding is one month from today. Yeeek!

Actually, I feel like we are doing pretty well. We have a lot of stuff taken care of, and the things that are still left to do seem manageable in the time we have left. The main things we still need to do are:
~ get the rings
~ get the salmon
~ get the booze, wine, & beer
~ get a bartender
~ get silverware and more napkins
~ write our vows
~ get the wedding license
~ mow the parking pasture
~ finish the trail, including signs and wood chips
~ enlarge the fire pit
~ cut & stack fire wood
And of course in the final days before the wedding there will be lots of bustling around to get & arrange the flowers, set everything up, and decorate. I'm looking forward to that part a lot, it will be fun.

This coming Saturday and Sunday we will be putting in a big push to get the major outdoor things done, like cutting firewood for the bonfire and finishing the path that will lead people from the parking pasture to the house. Anyone interested in helping out with that, either drop us a line (comment here, e-mail me, or call the house) or just show up... we won't turn away any helpers. :)

2 comments:

Aimee said...

If you're thinking about paying a bartender I have a couple of suggestions. There are a couple of people i work with who would do a great job. i've been mulling it over in my head whether or not I want to play that role, but I think I would feel less like a guest at my friends' wedding than a catering employee. And I wanna drink too!

Addie said...

Yeah, I was going to ask you if you knew anybody who might be interested in the job. You're doing enough already, Ms. Cupcake! And I want to have a drink with you...