Thursday, August 23, 2007

My Neurosis

You know what my biggest concern is right now about the wedding? That I am not stressed enough. Everything seems to be under control, coming together easily and without any real problems... and this makes me very nervous. Yesterday I called the rental place to make sure they hadn't lost our canopy reservation - and, of course, everything's fine. Everyone keeps asking me how I'm holding up, and I know usually the bride (or wedding planner) is expected to be a total nut case when there's a mere 15 days left to go... but I'm not really feeling the stress. I've double checked all my mental lists, and everything seems to be on track. Maybe it's just because I'm used to organizing the logistics to get half a milion boxes of organic fruit halfway around the world and through a maze of government bureaucracies that makes throwing a big old party (with ZERO government oversight - woo!) seem like such a peice of cake.

BUT - maybe I am forgetting something. Maybe there IS some impending disaster I am not conciously aware of that is triggering this anxiety... Can any of you think of anything I'm forgetting?

7 comments:

Ericson said...

are we getting our hair done the day of the wedding?

Addie said...

Well, I am, I have an appointment at Sandalwood at 9:30... I haven't made any plans for you guys. I wasn't sure if you guys would want to get your hair done up professionally or what, I figured we could discuss this weekend.

Janet said...

Can I have mine feathered like a Charlie's Angel? Aqua Net?

Seriously though, I can do my own hair.

Addie said...

Ooh, great idea! I think I might make Charlie's-Angel-hair mandatory for all bridesmaids!

Unknown said...

mohawk?

Addie said...

YES!! A mohawk would be awesome.

Aimee said...

in my humble opinion, i think that if there is ANY impending disaster or something obscure that you've overlooked, your friends and family will pull through and make it all better. i am confident that you have nothing to worry about.