Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Wedding-Related Parties

Getting married requires so much celebrating that it just won't all fit into one day, apparently. :)

Today I was surprised by my co-workers with a bridal shower at work, complete with shower games, refreshments, decorations, cake and of course gifts. I'm sorry to report that I only managed to match 4 of Cary's responses to 12 question about us, althoug apparently we both started most of our answers with "hell, I dunno..." so I guess we're on the same wavelength after all. Thanks guys!

This coming saturday at 7 pm there will be a bachelorette/bridal-shower/dinner party for me at the Mi Mexico restaurant in Bellingham. Any of you ladies who needs more information should contact Tombi or Charlotte. Although as far as I know, all you really have to do is show up, no special theme or preparations are required. I could very well be in the dark about some things, though!

Also on the same Saturday, Gabe & Nick are throwing a bachelor party for Cary. I have absolutely no information about this - the planned activities, exact date & time, and even the location are super secret. All I know is that Nick told Cary to take a shot every 4 hours this week, and Gabe told him to watch and re-watch Conan the Barbarian to prepare himself. Any of you guys who want to attend should contact Gabe or Nick for info.

And finally, on Friday the 7th of September (that's the day before the wedding, for those of you keeping track), there will be a rehersal dinner held at our house. I'm not certain of the exact time yet, probably about 7 pm. All you bridesmaids & groomsdudes, Marty, James, Abe, Fred, the parents, and anyone else directly involved in the ceremony should plan to attend. Anita has arranged for hot Thai food to be delivered so we'll eat a buffet-style dinner and then we'll walk through the ceremony once or twice. It'll be fun...

2 comments:

Aimee said...

I'm excited to be with you this Saturday but I won't be coming to dinner. I'll have to meet you all for drinks afterwards. I wish the guys hadn't planned Cary's party for the same day...James can't go because he has to stay home and watch the kids while I come and see YOU!!!

Anyway, looking forward to lavishing some inappropriate attention on you!

Addie said...

Yeah, I think Tombi's feeling the same way about the same-night thing... Sorry about that! It's all the boys' fault, naturally.

I'm glad you'll be able to make it for the drinking part tho, 'cuz that'll be the best part. :)