Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Faster & Faster

Things are starting to really come together, and there is so much going on that it's been a while since I've had a chance to post about what I've gotten done. So anyway, here's a little catch-up posting...

1. The trails through the woods from the parking pasture are looking sharp, after this past weekend's work with the Dingo.

2. My cousin Heather brought her daughters, my flower girls, into the office on Friday to show me the dresses they got for the ceremony, and they are going to be absolutely adorable. I may actually have 2 additional flower girls, since Emily and Gene are going to be bringing their two little daughters to the wedding and they'd like to be involved as well. The more the merrier! I've picked up a bunch of little baskets from second-hand stores so we'll be ready to decorate up some extras.

3. My Mom's Dentist's Receptionist (her name is Sue) used to be a caterer and is going to loan us a couple of chafing dishes as well as some large serving platters and baskets. Mom is going to pick them up from her tomorrow afternoon. People's generosity just continually astounds me. :)

4. Dave has arranged to get most, if not all, of the salmon we'll need from Cary's brother Brian's girlfriend Abby's father Fred. He caught it himself up in BC. It's not yet a done deal, but the plan is to pick it up tomorrow night. If we need more we should be able to easily get the rest from the farmer's market or one of the local stores.

5. Marty drafted a script for the ceremony, and although we've got a few details left to iron out I feel like we've really got a good grasp of how it's all going to work.

6. I've reserved two 55-cup coffee maker/servers for after dinner. One will be for coffee and one will be for hot water/tea.

7. Cary and I took a pen & paper and a couple of glasses of wine out to the observation tower last night and wrote our vows. I'm not going to tell you what they are though, we're going to keep it a surprise. It was surprisingly easy to agree on what we wanted to say, and it sure feels good to have that done.

Well, that's all I can think of right now... I'm sure there's a bunch of other stuff but there'll be time for whatever I've forgotten in a later post.

2 comments:

Ericson said...

Of course if you both agree on what is best in life everything else should just fall into place.

Addie said...

Heh, your comment just gave me an idea! We should refrase our vows so they sound more like a Conan reference...